Sunday, August 22, 2010

BEDA 22 School?


That's my DFTBADeck'd out Backpack! Tomorrow, I start the newest series in my life, THE COLLEGE YEARS. T'will make a good spinoff methinks. Rightio! Onward with the show!

So, today I've started a series of Doctor Who. The 5th Series. DON'T JUDGE ME! I know it's the latest Doctor and all, but I sorta fell into it, and I want to see it until the end. I really do think it's a fantastic show! (has seen one episode)

So, Tomorrow starts college. That certainly was an interesting interrupting paragraph up there, eh? I only have two classes tomorrow. One from 10-10:50 and another from 12-12:50. I'm both excited and nervous.

So, I've told you that I'm majoring in education, and you guys want to no more. Well, I really want to teach mature high school aged people, ones that could have educated discussions with. I feel like I could be a very engaging teacher and fill their heads with the knowledge they do so crave. I'm really passion about English, so I know that it will be an exciting college experience. I mean, I get to take a class called "Advanced English Grammar!" That class has a prerequisite, "English Grammar!!!!!!" I'm a big nerd when it comes to this stuff.

So, I've started reading The Hunger Games, and by "start," I mean first page. I've tried to pick it up before, but I always get interrupted! >.<

So, tomorrow in my hour and ten minutes of free time, I plan to eat my Ham Sandwich and Blog in the quad. I feel collegey just talking about it! I'm still going to make my college playlist tonight and fill it with happy DFTBA songs. So, I'll be in good company.

Well, (See i didn't start a paragraph with "so!") I'm off to MEGA shower, make a playlist, and sleep. See yall tomorrow.....FROM COLLEGE!

DFTBA

-NICK

First Though of the Day: "I've snoozed in 9 minute intervals for 2.5 Hours?!??!?!!?"

5 comments:

  1. The Hunger Games = fantastic. I will have to restrain myself from camping in the Barnes & Noble parking lot for Mockingjay.

    Three cheers for wanting to be a high school teacher! One of the more noble professions in my book. High schoolers need someone to be passionate and engaging, and you strike me as that kind of person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A class dedicated to GRAMMAR?? I want!

    I really do admire you for taking an education career path. We truly do need more good teachers. I'd take it on myself, but I'd be a terrible teacher. Terrible. Terrible. =O

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep wanting to read The Hunger Games, too, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. >__<. Same goes for many different books I want to read or reread, haha.

    Also, that grammar class sounds fantastic...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Advanced English Grammar sounds beautiful.

    I love teachers. Teachers are AWESOME. Well, many of them. The ones who love it... make it so fun. Even if the material isn't particularly fun, they manage to make it awesome. And stuff. SO GOOD LUCK. I believe in your awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never forget your first Doctor. But then you will watch David Tennant as the 10th doctor (series 2-4) and realize he's the best (cause he totally is).

    College tips:
    Don't be afraid to skip a class every now and then for epic excursions to the beach, or to the annual snowball fight at LSU.

    Hide money in your backpack so when you get to the end of the semester and have run out of money, you can "find" that extra cash when you REALLY need a coke.

    Hang out with friends when invited, even if it means putting off homework for a few extra hours.

    Take classes that are not required for your degree cause you feel like it.

    When the professor tells you he can't let you into the grad school level Arthurian Legend class because you are a freshman, gently insist that he must. When he says no again, keep insisting.

    I know some of this seems like terrible advice, but it's what makes college great. And I finished in four years with a 3.7 taking an average of 19 hours a semester. So it's not advice from some bum in her 7th year of undergraduate (Oh, there are plenty of those).

    ReplyDelete