Friday, August 27, 2010

BEDA 27 BEST DAY EVER

Today had one goal. The goal? To have the best day ever.

I woke up.
I danced.
I played sang some DFTBA music.
I poured myself a bowl of Apple Jacks
I ate my breakfast while watching TWO episodes of Boy meets World.
I went into my room to get dressed/ready for school.
While doing so I watched A Very Potter Sequel for the Millionth time.
I whistled on my way to the bathroom, where I spent time on my dental hygiene.
I grabbed my backpack, and headed off to school, while listening to my Mountain Goats mix CD.
I had a 12:00 class today, and that's a tad little-bit suckish, since on Friday, most classes end at noon. I was happy, however.
I sat in the hallway across from a girl, while I read The Hunger Games.
This girl is very cute, and smiley.
We always see each other, smile, and say "hey."
Since today was my Best Day Ever, I said "Hey" first, and we chatted.
Then, in class (Education Class,) I took notes on exciting Education things!
Also, I got to choose what school I want to observe at this semester! Old High School FTW
After class, I dawned my iPod headphones and walked to my car, drove the backroads home, and ate a good lunch.
I watched some 30 Rock, while reading blog posts, and then I went to Dustin's house.
We went to some shops, I bought Twilight for my mom, and I got myself some Play-Dough.
Then, I ate a Subway sandwich for supper, and went to Baskin Robbins (the place where I worked for two years.)
While in there, I told an old friend hi, got a free 7-UP, and left.
Now, we are at a friend's new apartment on campus, playing old school Nintendo 64 games.
This was a good day.

Sometimes, I feel like if you start off the day with a mindset of "suck" the day will go accordingly. But, if we think in advance and plan our day positively, like with the music listening or submitting myself to watching things I adore, then we are happy. If the controllable things in our life are made positive, then we'll have a better outlook on the uncontrollable. EXAMPLE: If I listen to Alex Day BEFORE class, then a class, where I am in school 50 minutes past 95% of the other students, then the class will be nicer than normal. I plan on taking on my days to come with this uplifting spirit. I just learned something from BEDA. Awesome.

My challenge to you guys, is to take a day in the near future, and make sure you fill it with things that make you happy, in between the uncontrollable things, that way it will be a positive day.

I'll see yall tomorrow!


SKYPE UPDATE:
MAybe some time in September, I'll Blog and we can have a comment thread on good times for everyone?

First Thought of the Day: "This is the BEST. DAY. EVER."

3 comments:

  1. You know what? I didn't have a perfect day, but it was pretty damn good. Thinking of the little things that make you happy, or dwelling more on the good parts of your day makes everything so much better. You are so right. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always felt that Alex Day is an important part of a balanced breakfast. Great post. And I think blogging sometime in September to arrange festivities is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I read "Best day ever" all I could think about was Spongebob...
    Also Nintendo 64 FTW

    ReplyDelete