Sunday, August 1, 2010

BEDA 1

HELLO!
This is my first ever Blog, so forgive me if it causes you to get terribly ill. I sincerely apologize. Side note, I just smiled really big because I correctly spelled the word "sincerely."

Look! I indented! I forgot how fun these could be. (Can I be any more boring)
Okay, look, in this blog you're going to find me talking about my life, but not in any sorta offensive way. I love a lot of things, and I hope to come to love this blog. BEDA struck me as an interesting idea because it allows you to keep track of an entire month, and hopefully gain initial feedback from readers. I like to write. I used to write everyday, but I stopped. I even won first place in a fiction contest once, but now I've succumbed to brain crack. As told by Ze Frank, and retold by the Vlogbrothers- "Brain Crack" is whenever your mind creates and idea. And you keep it in your head to plan it out, and think about the best way possible to execute this idea. You obsess over the idea SO much in your head, that it never comes out. And That's what happened to me with writing. This BEDA project will defiantly help me overcome that, which will be much needed.

The month of August will be an exciting month for me! I start my first year of college on the 23rd. I say goodbye to a close friend on the 8th. AND, I have a dentist appointment on the 12th! Join me as I go through my month, and I will try my best to follow you too!

Right now in the city of Lafayette, Louisiana (my current city) is the very thing that causes every preteen heart to skip a beat, every girl to swoon, and every parent to buy a bottle of Advil. Two words. Beiber Fever. Yes, in about one hour he will start his set, and let me tell you, my Facebook newsfeed and neighboring streets has never been so cluttered with opinions of this Justin Beiber. Personally, I have no problem with the boy, he seems to be doing all right with himself. But, I didn't buy tickets. Sorry! Well, I think I should go now. But, of course, I'll see you tomorrow! GOOOODBYE!
Leave Questions and Thoughts in the Comments!

9 comments:

  1. DUDE. DUDE. You are one of the people from the I'm Awesome song video?! You certainly never forgot to be awesome, my friend. :D

    Anyhoo, welcome to the wild and wonderful world of BEDA! Brain crack sucks. D: Sometimes you just have to allow yourself to... suck, as MJ says. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings. I am Whimsy, and you did not make me ill. xD I had strep already, no worries.

    I was thinking about doing BEDA, but I doubt I could keep up writing, although I'll need the practice for NaNoWriMo if I'm going to win this year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Vita Thank you! For the confidence & Advice!

    @Whimsy Please do BEDA! And I'm thinking of doing Nanowrimo also. But, I wish you MUCH MUCH LUCK! Get Well Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with BEDA! You didn't cause me to contract any horrible illness, so I'll probably stick around :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Nick
    Wow! I was not expecting to be convinced to do BEDA, but I think I may have been. You simply must do Nanowrimo. The Nano reference was one of the things that I loved dearly about the I'm Awesome song.

    I think I just may take the plunge and throw caution to the winds and just go for it. It's not like terrible things will happen if I miss a day, and I do need the practice.

    I wish you loads of luck as well! Don't get sick! xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't "lol" at your blog. But I most certainly chuckled to myself, resulting in a strange look from my sister.

    It appears to me that you have a loaded month ahead of you. I hope you have lots and lots of fun! I for one am really scared about this time next year when I will be preparing for college. But I'm sure I'll blog about it later. =D

    I really did enjoy your first ever blog! You strike me as a very interesting person, and I look forward to reading the rest of them this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for your comment!

    College is great, you're going to love it. I never thought anything could be better than high school, but college is INFINITELY better. I know it sounds cliche, but my best friends are the ones I met at college, and I'm pretty sure it's going to stay that way for a LONG time.

    Good luck with BEDA!

    BEST WISHES :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic. I too succumb to Brain Crack quite easily – this will be the first time I’ve written consistently since NaNoWriMo last year. Also, I sympathize with your plight of Bieber Fever. The tour date closest to me happens in a week, but my Facebook feed has been cluttered with countdowns for at least two months. To each his own, I suppose.

    Good luck!

    (Also, DO NANOWRIMO. It was one of the most awesome-filled things I've ever done. My novel is an utter waste of space, but the experience was incredible.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This didn't make me ill but it did help me procrastinate for a little while longer. (Not that I need any help with that :])
    Anyways...I look forward to reading your blog everyday. Good luck.
    I might even start one myself if people wouldn't mind reading something that would most likely be about nothing.

    ReplyDelete